We're Hiring - Digital Implementer
Architectural Design for Maximum Potential
If you are wishing your job made use of your skills, you may be the person we are looking for. Are you looking to be inspired every day and to leverage your gifts and talents to implement a larger vision? Are you interested in joining a local company where you can share your ideas and put your best digital and creation oriented skills to use while learning, growing, and having fun at the same time? We have several exciting projects on the go and are looking for someone to assist us in creating digital educational products during this time of world restructuring. Specifically, we need a digital product builder in the short term, with the potential to transition to the role of digital implementor for architectural education products in the long term!
There are several aspects we are looking for in a new team member:
Integrity & Optimism
- Do you thrive in fast paced and creative environments?
- Are you someone who loves working toward social sustainability and community building?
- Are you someone who enjoys ‘making the world a better place’ through their work?
- Does working with good people who are doing good things light you up?
- We are looking for someone who operates with integrity, drive and determination.
- Are you the one that friends go to for help when their shortcut didn’t work?
- Are you able to create and analyze process systems and strategize on how to do them better?
- Are you able to use careful thinking to solve problems on the go?
- Do you feel comfortable taking initiative?
- Can you synthesize information for management so that they are better equipped to make decisions?
- We are looking for someone who can think big, strategize, and then apply their expertise to get the work done.
Independent & Collaborative Implementation
- Do you have a keen eye for detail, thrive in a growth-oriented environment and are results-focused, highly responsible implementer?
- Do you enjoy working on independent tasks some of the time while at other times working with heart-centered team members collaboratively? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also get things done.
- Do you have excellent communication skills, both in working closely with team members as well as professional communication skills in communicating with clients and our professional contacts?
- Do you have high standards for quality, accuracy, and accountability?
- We are looking to work with someone who is patient and methodological in their execution.
ABOUT AVID ARCHITECTURE
At AVID Architecture, we believe in the power of good architecture. It creates a sense of place, and enables people to live in the best possible way. We want to help people and build strong communities. For this reason, our design philosophy is built around the central principals of working collaboratively, achieving innovation through practical means, and creating a sense of place and community through spatial design and architecture. We think big, and apply sound expertise to make sure the details fit the big picture.
Established in 2015, we are a small office with a big future. Our company culture is customer-focused, results-oriented, and fun with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion within our team and throughout our community. Currently, we have a multi-talented team with a broad range of architectural skills and are looking for a similarly multi-talented person to join us. This person will act as the office assistant and will be accountable for creating a well-functioning workplace by helping to develop and implement the operational support systems (administration, bookkeeping) as well as administrative aspects of bookkeeping and marketing.
- Producing complete construction documents under the supervision of senior staff
- Assist in the creation and development of digital educational products including related aspects:
- Social media and marketing materials
- Evergreen product systems
- Content creation including video and digital architectural simulations
- Customer communication / retention products
- Assisting in the creation of marketing material and project proposals
- Assisting in the creation of project organization systems and templates
- This position is full-time.
- This will be a remote working position in the short term, with eventual transition to a combination of remote and on-location work when the world pandemic comes to an end.
- Experience with creating video simulation walkthroughs for client visioning
- Experience presenting and creating animations of design processes
- Proficiency with parametric modelling and data driven design iterations
- Experience drafting detailed drawings for all delivery phases
- Thorough understanding of construction detailing, working drawings and contract administration
- Experience with building envelope operation systems
- Self-motivated, intelligent, able to take direction, works well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Technical ability in Rhino, Revit, Sketchup and other digital architectural software
- Experience with digital course creation is an asset
- Post-secondary diploma in architectural technology
- Strong Graphic Design skills are an asset
- Experience working with Adobe creative suite programs is an asset
- Experience working with Outlook, shopify, membervault, converkit is an asset
- Experience with writing, marketing and communications is an asset
Please send us an email at email@example.com to apply to the position.
This internship is funded by the Government of Canada and work terms are under the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program. DS4Y, an initiative from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), provides an opportunity for youth to gain valuable training and work experience needed for today’s digital economy.